Please click here to read a message from our Managing Partner.
What We Do
Assessment Centers are the most comprehensive predictor of how leaders will perform in their role, both now and in the future.
Group evaluations for selection and development have proven to be a highly effective way to observe how individuals perform in real-world business scenarios, under pressure, and with their peers.
Vantage has a long history of developing and facilitating customized Assessment Centers across a wide range of industries.
A Vantage Assessment Center:
- Uses a team of assessors to jointly observe and evaluate multiple candidates engaged in tasks and problem-solving situations.
- Creates a “Day in the Life” business simulation whereby participants discuss and demonstrate their approach via testing, interviews, business cases, and role plays.
- Yields real-time recommendations for advancement/hire, potential, and development.
- Provides a developmental feedback report and coaching session for each candidate
- Is fully customizable to the needs of your organization.
Questions about the assessment center process? Reach out to us.
See how our assessment center added significant value to the selection process of Senior Reactor Operators in the Spotlight feature below.
"Vantage is a highly responsive, flexible, and customer focused business partner. They have added significant value to the way in which we identify, select and develop our talented and committed front line leaders."Heli Jaason, Ph.D // Director, Talent Management and Leadership Development, Exelon Corporation
Spotlight Feature Nuclear Senior Reactor Operators and the Value of Assessment Centers
Nuclear Senior Reactor Operators and the Value of Assessment Centers
Selecting the best Senior Reactor Operators (SROs) is among the most important talent decisions you make in a Nuclear Power Plant. Given the highly regulated environment and considerable investment in the Initial Licensing Training program, you can’t afford costly mistakes.
Based on our extensive experience with Utilities and Nuclear Generation, we understand the unique skill-set that an SRO needs to be successful, and we have proven that an Assessment Center is particularly well-suited for identifying candidates who not only have leadership potential, but who will successfully navigate the challenges and rigors of the extensive ILT program.
Through our assessment practices, we increase the completion rate for those participating in ILT programs, reduce the costs resulting from poor selection decisions, and identify candidates who can effectively supervise and lead others as SROs.
Additional Benefits of an Assessment Center Approach for selecting SRO/ILT Candidates:
- Enhances legal defensibility
- Yields feedback and facilitates development to increase readiness for promotion
- Accelerates on-boarding and assimilation of new leaders
- Creates greater consistency across the organization; reinforces consistent expectations for emerging leaders
- Increases participants’ buy-in to the process and results because of customized and realistic job simulations.
- Develops a talent pipeline for future plant leadership positions
Want to learn more about assessment centers?
Download our whitepaperDownload Now