Board of Directors Self-Evaluation
Our Board of Directors Self-Evaluation provides an objective perspective on the performance of your board, its committees, and its individual directors, as recommended by the NYSE, ISS, Glass Lewis, and Sarbanes-Oxley.
Vantage’s process is fully independent, customized to your needs, designed to capture key findings regarding board performance, and used to generate a qualitative picture of board effectiveness. We can also accommodate special requests, such as a board refresh when evaluating the onboarding of new directors.
Rather than rely solely on surveys, we take an interactive, high-touch and highly confidential approach to our evaluations that respects both the directors’ time and the sensitive nature of these conversations. We interview each director one-on-one using questions created in partnership with key stakeholders to elicit candid, nuanced insights on the most important issues.
Vantage provides a report summarizing the results in a clear and compelling manner, and facilitates feedback sessions. The feedback becomes the foundation for impactful discussion around the issues raised, and for driving meaningful action to improve the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the board.
Vantage Board Self-Evaluations:
- Offer an objective third-party perspective recommended by regulatory agencies.
- Provide more in-depth information than typical surveys.
- Are customized to the needs of each board and their organization.
- Encourage directors to take ownership of the evaluation process and proposed outcomes.
- Take board members beyond the evaluation to provide concrete action steps for improving their contribution.
Contact us to learn more.